CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

7-05-09 to 7-11-09

Monday and Tuesday went smoothly with no CH attacks until Wednesday 7-08-09 Had CH attack in the afternoon (didn't note the time) was in too much of a hurry running for the Imitrex shot and a bathroom. Got through the rest of the day feeling like I'd lost a few thousand brain cells.

Thursday no CH attack.

Friday 7-10-09 the beast came back again in the afternoon at work, scrambled for my Imitrex shot again and struggled through the murkiness of CH side affects. On the plus side even with the CH attack I passed the 1st training test in my new position with flying colors. :D

Saturday 7-11-09 Spend most of the day shopping with one family member or another LOL
Took Dad shopping in the morning and then after noon both kids needed me to play taxi for them around town. It was enjoyable and they stayed for dinner and spent some quality time before Dinner. During dinner I had the beginnings of a CH attack didn't want to stop in mid dinner to deal with it so I suffer through for a bit... After dinner there was no way I could hide it any longer. (Turns out I wasn't hiding it well anyway LOL my son knew.) I didn't want to use another shot (had already gone through two during the week) so I opted for the nasal Imitrex, my second mistake today with the beast. It didn't take affect until about 1/2 hour after usage needless to say I was in the rocking back and forth and squirming stages of a 6-7 kip. My son helped me through it with constant replenishing of Hot clothes, and my daughter with a hug and light back rubbing and thankfully going for a smoke in the other room. Cigarette smoke during an attack is just unbearable. Yes I do smoke but have cut way back on it due to CH I am down to about a 1/2 pack a day on it.

On another note...I have been having to put up with one of those annoying people at work this week. God Help ME!!! You know the whiners that always talk about there problems in this case depression and the subject never changes on any given day. I must have heard the same story 15 times this week alone. Anyway this annoying person has known and been corrected on my issue with CH several times...well this time she hit me at a bad moment. It was Wednesday I think and she saw me with my shot pack I quickly asked her to tell the trainer if he was to look for me that I had gone to take a shot.
My bad again...LOL
She then proceeded to stop me and ask "do you have Diabetes ?"
"No", I said again... "I have Cluster headaches."
"Oh Migraines" she said...
Um... "No Cluster headaches!" I said AGAIN and I left for the bathroom and a much needed shot.

Come to find out on Friday I was talking to another girl at work and was told by her that this annoying other person told her that I had Yelled at her when correcting her for the umpteenth time on my CH issue. I looked at this girl and Laughed! I said the last thing I want to do when I am having a CH attack is yell, let alone speak. Not to mention we were in a training class so, I was not going to yell then either. LOL
For several reasons including the ones above I've been trying to avoid this annoying person, without much luck as unfortunately she sits next to me in the Training class.
GOD HELP ME!

This is not to say that I am unsympathetic to people with Depression, God knows I've suffered from it a time or two usually due to some medical condition I am dealing with at the time. But to constantly whine about it and say the same thing over and over again. Please Give me a Break. Get over yourself and try living life rather than whining about it.
(Ginger...Steps off soap box.)

One Last Comment on CH Triggers.
I'm not sure how many sufferers have notice this but, certain smells can bring on a CH attack. Certain perfumes (strong ones) almost always get me, which can be difficult to avoid when you work in a large company like the one I do. My daughter was wearing a perfume a few years ago that would set me off every time, I finally had to tell her not to wear it when coming over here.

0 comments: