CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 19, 2009

07-12-09 to 7-18-09

Had a Great week with only 1 (3kip) CH attack (Friday 07-07-09) and got through it with no shot or nasal spray. .... Doing the PF Dance !!!

I have added a few Herbals to my regime and so far they do seem to be helping to keep the number of attacks I get down even farther than just the prescription meds my neuro has me on. I have done a lot of online research on these herbals and have seen many other CH'ers mention them as aids. With my number of CH attacks per week seeming to increase I decided it was time to do something about it without adding other prescription meds such as the lithium my neuro mentioned at my last visit. I am doing the Herbals in a gradual addition 2 the 1st week and the remaining 3 the following week as I want to watch for any adverse affects.

Last week I added (the following includes a daily vitamin):

500 mg Taurine per day (CH'ers use this as an abortive in higher dosage or in energy drinks.)

750 mg Echinacea
per day (Said to aid immune system.)


This week I am adding the following:

200 mg Magnesium per day (helps with absorption of other vitamins and aids digestion, Other Ch'ers have reported that this in conjunction with other Herbs some listed here are a great help in limiting the number of CH attacks and their severity.)

613 mg Kudzu per day (Ch'ers use this as a preventative for CH has had good results with other sufferers.)

425 mg Scullcap per day (Said to help with RLS-Restless Leg Syndrome, of which I suffer as well. I will do anything I can do to keep the CH beast at bay and get a good nights sleep.)


Till Next week have a PFDAN!

0 comments: