CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 7th thru June 13th

Had another nice week with exception to the following...

Had CH attack on Sunday 6-7-09 wound up scrambling for the imitrex shot again. This one was BAD. As I have stated before I usually try to save the shots and nasal imitrex for when I'm at work and suffer an attack but there was no way I was getting through this one with out help. The rest of the week was quiet with no CH attacks until Friday 6-12-09 ... it figures had comp time from work and worked only 1/2 of the day and was off the rest and wouldn't you know it I got hit hard Friday afternoon/evening. I only had one imitrex shot left and one nasal and can't get refills until tomorrow (6-15-09) so I used the nasal instead of my last shot and suffered for a little over an hour.

Then came Saturday 6-13-09, and hells bells rang in my head again! This time both my children were over for a visit and had to witness me suffer through one with out any medication. My son was helpful and continuously refreshed a hot cloth for me. My daughter put her foot in her mouth and offered me a Tylenol! LOL Yes I am laughing about it now but at the time all I could say was "You've got to be kidding me!" When I could speak again I asked her the following... "How about I take a red hot poker and stick it in your eye until it hits your temple area, and then offer you a Tylenol for the pain?" She just looked at me with complete non-understanding and left shortly after. I know she doesn't understand and I'm sure it bothers her to see me like that, but it doesn't seem like she really wants to understand or even remember her continual fopa's in offering aspirin or Tylenol to me during an attack. She has done this many times and each time I and my son inform her that neither will even touch a Cluster Headache.

My son is more understanding because he's suffered from Migraines since he was about 2 years old and knows to some extend what I go through. He was very caring with an arm on my shoulder, holding my hand, hugs and continually refreshing a hot cloth. These are simple things but for any who suffer from CH they know how important these little things are. If you are a relative or significant other of someone who suffers from CH remember these things, they may be small but if you can offer the simple aid of a hot cloth or an arm on the shoulder, a hug or holding their hand, these things mean a great deal to us!!!

0 comments: