CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

This Week

Saturday:

Today was shopping day as usual, the 1st half of the day was PF (pain free), then the afternoon hit. I felt the C.H. twinge on and off all freaking afternoon and evening, didn't get a full blown C.H. but the twinge alone is enough to screw with you. Had the twinge and the congestion that usually goes along with a C.H. but it never got above the twinge factor. For me what I call a twinge is a 3 on the kip scale*.

*The kip scale is a scale used by people who suffer from C.H. to gauge the intensity of their pain. See The Kip Scale for more details.

For those of us who suffer with C.H. you know that you not only get woken up from a nice sound sleep with the C.H. devil but it can affect you at any time of day as well. So just getting a good nights sleep sometimes is a horrifying struggle. It's like waking up into a nightmare, but you can't wake up from it because you are already awake and the pain is still there. I have lost many a good nights sleep from this condition and from the looks of it will loose many more.

God Help Me...
This is a phrase I used quite often especially when I have one, no matter what time of day or night it is.



Friday:

Went to see my Neurologist today, the drive alone is a C.H. Trigger, his office is an hour away from me up and down mountains both ways. To top it off the air pressure was up and down anyway due to weather. Got there ok, but started to feel C.H. coming on while in his office and by the time I hit the highway on the way back it was full blown C.H. madness. He didn't have any imitrex samples on hand to give me and I only have 1 shot left to last me until the 15th so it was Suffer and just keep driving so I can save the last shot for if I get another one at work. My hands were gripping the steering wheel so hard that when I finally did get home they hurt as well, and it took a bit of doing to un-grip it when I pulled up to my house. When I did get in the house I was still in pain and completely exhausted, so much so that even my speech was slowed or slurred not sure which at this point. My Dad (who lives with me) knows when I have one just by looking at me asked me something can't remember what now...but it took me two or three tries just to answer him clearly. Needless to say he didn't speak to me again until I let him know I was able to function or at least speak again, roughly 30 min. later. (8 Kip*)

I wonder how many other people who suffer from C.H. also feel like they have temporarily become retarded or sound like a stroke victim either due to C.H. or medication side affects after taking what ever abortive they are on... ?



Thursday:

I got hit hard at work with a C.H. ran for the bathroom with my Imitrex. Took a bit longer than usual for the shot to work and for recovery.

It sucks getting them when I'm at work because I have to wear headphones all day and listen to either CRAPPY music and in some cases yelling people, or fax machine tones on a number that is supposed to be a home number.

Got through the day with more exhaustion than usual. (7 kip*)

0 comments: