CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 18th thru May 24

Sunday May 24th

Well the rest of the week was uneventful and the C.H. demon left me alone for a few days. Today is Sunday around 10:30am and so far the day is Pain Free, I pray the rest of the day stays that way. We are expecting thunderstorms today and as I have previously noted air pressure changes are yet another C.H. trigger.


Wednesday May 20th

Magic hour hit with a viciousness today made myself wait to take a shot in hopes the C.H. would die down, it didn't, grabbed my Imitrex shot and ran for the bathroom at work again. Got through the rest of the day feeling like my brain had had a seizure or I'd had a stroke.

I'm not sure if anyone else who suffers from C.H. has noticed this but before, during and after I have a C.H. attack I find it hard to speak or find the correct words when needed. I have a job where I have to speak constantly and this sometimes goes horribly wrong during a C.H. attack. It's like I've gone temporarily retarded or have like I said above have had a stroke or something. Words come out wrong or I say the wrong word altogether or I just have to pause for a more extended time just to get the word out. All my synapses are not firing correctly at these times or so it feels. My family understands this and is usually good about it and doesn't make to big of a deal about it. I have however had a Supervisor who used to work for the co. that I do, ask me if I'd been drinking on the job due to this. Well that kind of upset me especially since he was aware of my C.H. condition. I informed him not so nicely that no I don't drink and can't drink alcohol since it is a Trigger for C.H. . Needless to say this speech issue has at times been embarrassing to say the least. Luckily as I said earlier, for the most part my family is understanding of it, though occasionally my daughter (who can be a bit rude with her own mouth at times) has laughed at me which makes me feel even worse and a bit angry at her for it. I love her dearly but she is one in my family who sometimes just doesn't understand what I go through.


Monday May 18th

Started the work week with a banger C.H. it was mild and managed to get through it barely without shot. Again around my "magic" hour of 4pm. Got through the rest of the work day and came home feeling totally wiped out as I often do after fighting the devil of C.H.

0 comments: