CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last Week

Saturday May 16th

Got Nailed again today shortly before magic hour around 3:30p used the Imitrex nasal again (I am trying to save my shots for at work), this time I should have used a shot. Wow nasty 7kip and used the not so affective nasal med, was tortured for about an hour and exhausted afterward.

And...my insurance co. thinks 4 shots per mo. is enough. LOL Idiots!!!
I can use those up in one week. Yes it's still ticking me off and will for years to come so it seems unless they change things. When FDA dolled out it's recommendations for the use of Imitrex I don't think they took into consideration it's use for Cluster Headaches. So we SUFFER, even though our Dr's prescribe it as needed that doesn't mean our ins. co.'s will fill it that way. Who can afford over 200.00 per shot pack?? Not me even on my full time income.


Wednesday May 13th

Had C.H. at work again today around my magic hour again 4ish ran for bathroom and used for the 1st time the Imitrex nasal. Since my ins. co. is limiting me on my Imitrex shots the Dr. gave me some nasal Imitrex...it takes this stuff soooo long to work compared to the shots I was still reeling for an hour after taking the Imitrex nasal.
This won't do...will have to advise my director at work of the issue since I will more than likely be making errors or be away from my desk longer. I don't like people to see me with one of these devils (C.H.).

The weather has been changing alot here in Pa. from sunny to raining, quick changes. I am wondering how many other C.H. sufferers have noticed that Air Pressure has an affect on C.H. Strong, quick changes in air pressure are a trigger for me. It seems anything at or around a 3 point pressure change in either direction up or down will trigger a C.H. for me as well.

My Father is the one that brought the air pressure affect to my attention as he has also suffered from C.H. for years and took notice of air pressure changes affecting him as well. He lives with me now and is usually either right ahead of me or just behind me with the air pressure triggering a C.H. . He has been checking air pressure with relation to his for years, and now has been tracking mine as well, I think he almost has it down to a science by now. (cheers Dad...Love Ya! Shh he doesn't know I've started my C.H. blog again :D )


Sunday May 11th

Had another C.H. today around 4pm, this seems to be magic hour for me when the C.H.'s are not waking me up from a sound sleep. Barely got through dinner and took a steaming hot shower.


Try to keep your head on...Until Next Time.

0 comments: