CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Post

Well this week was a rough one. I have a stressful job anyway but when you add a Cluster Headache to the mix it makes for a very exhausting, torture filled week.

On Thursday I got hit HARD with a cluster in the middle of the work day and wouldn't you know it as I was on my way to the bathroom to take a shot (Imitrex) for it the director sees me from her office and Loudly asks me to stop by when I get back. She only saw my backside so at that point she had no clue. When I did get to her office I was still reeling from the pain and it showed physically. Anyway I lurched into her office and immediately collapsed in a chair, if only I was clear enough to see the light dawn in her eyes at the time. Luckily the director is aware of my problem and after she gave me an update on a work issue was kind enough to give me a few minutes to recoup.

I have been having issues with my insurance co. resently because they will only allow me 4 shots per month on my prescription plan. Um hey...sometimes I get more than 4 freaking Clusters a month people!!! Yes, I know my attitude is showing, but I've got a right to be a bit grumpy with them. For anyone who knows what Cluster Headaches are like, you know that going without medication or something to stop the pain is tantamount to TORTURE. Needless to say on my meager full time income I can not afford the $200.00 plus per shot pack when I run out and the ins. co. won't cover more until my 30 day period is up. So I find myself hording my shots and using them only for when I'm at work. This means I suffer like hell when I get one at home and there have been several occasions where my Dad has had to help me get through them.

I'm at a loss for what to say to continue this post at this time, but I do have one thing to add...

My ins. co. is going by the FDA advisory/preferences on the Imitrex Drug usage...hmmm .....

Did you idiots ever consider that this drug can also be used for Cluster Headaches ???

For More on Cluster Headaches visit...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache
and
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/

Try to keep your head on...Until Next Time.

0 comments: